Did you know that smiling actually improves your mood? That one was free, now here are 63 more!
1. Every year, hundreds of new trees grow because of squirrels forgetting where they buried their nuts.
2. There is a basketball court on the top floor of the U.S. Supreme Court Building. It’s known as the “highest court in the land.”
3. Even if they’ve never been able to witness it themselves, blind people smile when they are happy. Smiling is a basic human instinct.
4. Cows have best friends and they tend to spend most of their time together.
5. Otters hold hands when they sleep so they don’t float away from one another.
6. Also, there’s a special pocket in their skin where they carry their favorite rock.
7. A pig’s orgasm can last for 30 minutes.
8. Wayne Allwine and Russi Taylor, who respectively voiced Mickey and Minnie Mouse, were married in real life.
9. Rats and mice are ticklish, and even laugh when tickled.
10. NASA had to relabel the penis sleeve for urinating in space suits from “small, medium, and large” to “large, gigantic, and humungous” because astronauts would only choose the large and they kept slipping off.
11. The Roman Emperor Caligula once declared war on Neptune, the god of the seas. His men ran to the ocean and stabbed at the water.
12. Caligula then declared victory, and commanded his men to collect seashells as war trophies.
13. The official Space Jam website has not changed since 1996.
14. The voice of Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, Jim Cummings, calls children’s hospitals in his spare time to cheer up sick children.
15. Blind Willie Johnson was blinded by his mother as a child, and he died of pneumonia in the burnt remains of his house in 1945. In 2004, he became an ambassador for life on Earth when the Voyager I left our solar system with a recording of his song “Dark Was the Night, Cold Was the Ground” aboard.
16. The day of his assassination, Martin Luther King Jr. got in a pillow fight in his hotel room.
17. There’s a prison in Washington that offers inmates pet cats for rehabilitation.
18. Apollo 17 astronaut Gene Cernan wrote his daughter’s initials on the surface of the moon. The initials “TDC” are still there, and likely will be for tens of thousands of years.
19. A cat version of the corgi exists: the munchkin cat.
20. A group of flamingos is called a flamboyance.
21. And a group of pugs is called a grumble.
22. A group of kittens is called a kindle.
23. A group of hedgehogs is called a prickle.
24. A group of cats is called a cloudier.
25. And a group of bunnies is called a fluffle.
26. At one point, very briefly, you were the youngest person on the planet.
27. Cuddling can help wounds heal faster, due to the release of oxytocin.
28. It also releases serotonin, which can improve one’s mood and fight depression.
29. Sea horses mate for life and travel holding each other’s tails.
30. Not only do penguins mate for life, but they also spend time finding a pebble to give their mate in order to “propose.”
31. When you shave a guinea pig it looks like a little hippo.
32. Worms communicate by snuggling.
33. Butterflies taste with their feet.
34. Somewhere, someone is having the best day of their life.
35. Norway once knighted a penguin.
36. Puffins also mate for life.
37. And baby puffins are called pufflings.
38. During the Christmas Truce of 1914, German and British soldiers played a game of soccer in the “no man’s land” between trenches.
39. Seventeen-year-old Jackie Mitchell, one of the first female pitchers in professional baseball, struck out both Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig in 1931.
40. Baby echidnas are called puggles.
41. Zach Braff, who played JD on Scrubs, and Donald Faison, who played Turk, are actually best friends in real life.
42. Charlie and the waitress from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia are married in real life.
43. There have been studies that show that goats, like us, have accents.
44. Male pups will sometimes let female pups “win” when they play-fight so they can get to know them better.
45. Cats bring you dead animals because they think you’re just a crappy cat that can’t survive on its own. Cats bring you presents!
46. The elephant shrew’s closest relative isn’t a shrew — it’s actually an elephant.
47. Red pandas can have tails that grow up to 19 inches — despite being the size of a house cat.
48. Dolphins have names for one another.
49. In Welsh folklore, corgis were the preferred method of transportation for fairies.
50. There’s a competition in Sweden called Kaninhoppning, or rabbit show jumping.
51. Octopuses actually do make gardens by collecting stones and shiny things and arranging them in the sand. Ringo was right.
52. There is no angry way to say the word “bubbles.”
53. The only member of ZZ Top who does not have a beard is the drummer, Frank Beard.
54. The kingdom of Bhutan uses “gross national happiness” as a key national indicator.
55. When rabbits get really excited and start to jump around, it’s called a binky.
56. Mister Rogers was given the honors of pouring the wax that made the 1,000,000,000th Crayola crayon.
57. Newborn giant pandas are about the size of a stick of butter.
58. No two dogs’ nose prints are the same, much like human fingerprints.
59. Katy Perry has a cat named Kitty Purry.
60. Canadians eat more doughnuts that any other country.
61. They also eat the most Kraft Mac and Cheese.
62. In April 1930, the BBC reported that there was no news that day, and played piano music instead.
63. You can tickle a penguin.
Video available at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=4YuWLKQ5e54.
64. And always keep in mind, no matter how bad you might feel, you’ll never be as ugly as the world’s ugliest animal: the blobfish.