1. It introduced us to a young, innocent Lindsay Lohan
Pre AA meetings, rehab stints, cocaine addiction, DUIs, and court dates. And what a simpler time it was.
2. Because the opening sequence showed us what true love is
And made you want Nat King Cole’s L.O.V.E to be played at your wedding.
3. And made us realize it was okay to be sexually attracted to Denis Quaid
5. It gave us the most memorable handshake in the history of film
And you spent hours learning the steps with your best friend.
6. Not to mention the soundtrack is phenomenal
The soundtrack also includes classics such as Natalie Cole’s “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) and The Lovin’ Spoonful’s “Do You Believe in Magic”.
7. It made us wish we had a nanny like Chessy
8. And a butler like Martin
And that they would fall in love and get married.
9. Because Natasha Richardson was perfect
10. Seriously, she was the best mom
11. Because Meredith Blake was the best bitch in town
15. It taught us how to throw some serious shade
17. Not to mention how to pull pranks like a boss
19. Because it is about confidence and finding your true self
20. And it made you want to have and reunite with your long lost twin
Subsequently getting your parents, who haven’t seen each other in over a decade, back together